We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
Our website address is www.helenjacey.com
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Helen Jacey (“we” , “us” , or “our” )
If you have any questions about the data we hold on file, please contact our data controller on firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of data
Purpose / use
Legal basis of processing
Clients’ name, telephone number, email address
To maintain our client database and contact you to provide information or services as requested by you
Performing our contract with our customers.
For the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Helen Jacey never sends any emails asking you to provide personal or credit card information.
Helen Jacey does not share or disclose your personal information to third parties.
We collect your data in the following ways:
When you complete our online enquiry form
When you send us an email requesting call back or more information
When you visit our website (Cookies)
We will use the personal information you have provided Helen Jacey to provide information or services to you. Such services include:
- To contact you to discuss your business requirements if you request us to
- To provide ongoing business service if you do business with us
- For record keeping
- For market research
The security of your personal information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We will never transfer your personal data outside the EU without prior consent with the exception of Google (see “Third parties” section)
- We have taken a number of steps to protect your personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access.
- We will never sell your personal data.
- We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent.
- We will report any unlawful data breach of our own data or our third party’s data to all relevant people and authorities within 72 hours of the breach.
- We will hold your personal data for as long as you are a Helen Jacey client and for as long afterwards as it is in our legitimate interest to do so. This will generally be for up to 5 years.
- We review collected personal data annually to establish whether we are still legally entitled to process and retain it.
Like almost all websites, we use Google Analytics (GA) to track how you interact with our website. This helps us understand how people find and use our website, allowing us to make changes to improve usability and user experience.
GA stores data such as your location, device, internet browser and operating system. This does not enable us to identify you personally.
Furthermore, GA record’s your device’s IP address. This could allow Google to personally identify you but we do not have access to this information.
You can disable cookies on your internet browser to stop GA from tracking your usage of this site.
We consider Google to be a third party data processor. See “Third Parties” section below.
If you choose to contact us using any enquiry forms on our website, none of the data that you enter will be stored by this website. Instead, the data you enter will be sent to us in an email over a secure mail server.
Cookies are then sent back to our website on each visit you make to our website, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Cookies are useful because they allow our website to recognise your device. This allows us to remember your preferences and tailor our website and other media to you.
You can adjust the cookies settings for our websites in your website browser settings.
You can disable cookies on your internet browser if required.
Please note that some website features may not function as a result of disabling cookies.
Where helenjacey.com provides links to other websites, we request that you read the privacy notices of the individual websites.
Example but not exhaustive list of third parties used are:
- Google (used for analytics)
- Shedunnit.com (Elvira Slate publisher site)
- Amazon (book purchases)
- LinkedIn (Helen Jacey profile)
- Instagram (Helen Jacey profile)
Your rights as individuals under GDPR are as follows:
- The right to be informed if your personal data is being used
- The right of access
- The right to get your data corrected
- The right to get your data deleted
- The right to limit how organisations use your data
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to the use of your data
- The right to raise a concern.
For guidance guidance about your individual rights, please visit the ICO website: Your data matters
Specific changes will be mentioned below this point.